Songr

Forum dedicato a tutti i programmi applicativi (non videogames)

Songr

Messaggioda zen67 » 22 ott 2009, 9:07

Songr is a free desktop app that can find downloadable MP3s from multiple sources on the internet. In addition, it allows for a “lyrics search” option that can identify and download songs based on parts of lyrics that a you might remember. It also can download YouTube videos or alternately only the audio part of a YouTube video as MP3.

Although there is probably no one left in the universe that hasn’t figured out how to find and download music on the internet, Songr is a nice program to have for the following reasons (consider this the PROS section):

It has a nice, compact interface.
The fact that it searches multiple sources, acting as a meta-search engine for audio search engines such as Skreemr and others.
It can identify songs based on lyrics. Perfect for those times when you have a section of a song echoing over and over in your head that you don’t have the name of and/or don’t know who sings it.
It can download songs from YouTube as MP3 audio or as FLV or MPG video. (For this, click on the little blue floppy disk icon next to “search by lyrics”).
The CONS section:

Reliability: many entries in the list of results turned out to be broken links when I tried to download them. And while eventually I invariably found entries in the list that worked, it would be great if Songr could check for and remove broken links from the list.
The verdict: a nice program; straightforward and does the job, but with room for improvement in terms of reliability. Regardless, Kudos to the developers for this nice little program.

Version Tested: 1.2

Compatibility: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7. Requires Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.

http://songr.co.cc/
I grandi spiriti hanno sempre incontrato violenta opposizione da parte delle menti mediocri. :suka:
A. Einstein
zen67
Prisoner of R&R
Uno che vive sul forum

Torna a Programmi e applicazioni